Vice President, Discovery Biology and Pre-Clinical Development
The Vice President, Discovery Biology and Pre-Clinical Development leads Zenith Epigenetics’ Biology Department and is responsible for identifying new oncology programs and leading their pre-clinical development through IND.
- Provide scientific expertise and leadership to discovery and translational biology and pre-clinical development.
- Lead a team of ten researchers, including senior scientists and Director level researchers.
- Lead the effort for generating a data set for Zenith’s clinical candidates to support clinical oncology indications with an emphasis on differentiation, translational biology, patient pre-selection, combination synergy and rationale.
- Identify novel programs in oncology and/or immunology.
- Manage pre-clinical activities for drug candidate through IND enabling studies including pharmacology, toxicology studies, and DMPK.
- Manage clinical translational program, working collaboratively with Zenith’s clinical investigators.
- Lead research collaboration efforts with academic institutions and support collaborations with biotech/pharma partners.
- Actively represent the company within the scientific community.
- Work with senior management in establishing Zenith’s scientific advisory board.
- Collaborate with other departments within Zenith (Chemistry, Clinical Development, Project Management, Regulatory Affairs, Pharmaceutical Operations, Legal, Finance, Quality Assurance, Corporate Development) on achieving the corporate objectives.
- A PhD or equivalent in Biological Sciences, Oncology and/or Immunology preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry including at least 7 years of experience in managing scientists.
- Experience in immune-oncology and/or epigenetics is preferred.
- Deep understanding of in vitro and in vivo pharmacology models.
- Understanding of critical issues in drug discovery and development.
- In depth knowledge of current drug discovery targets being pursued within the industry and clear insight toward the future direction of novel therapeutics.
- Knowledge of the clinical landscape and the ability to position Zenith’s drug candidates for oncology indications.
- Working knowledge of FDA guidelines for therapeutics development.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and clearly articulate research objectives.
- An innovative attitude coupled with a strong sense of practical execution.
- Strong record of mentoring and enabling career development. Must have the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire subordinates, peers, and superiors.
- Ability to travel (~20%).
- Position located in San Francisco or Calgary.
As an employee of Zenith, you will actively contribute to the development of potential new products. We provide opportunities for all employees to collaborate, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. Zenith is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following e-mail title: Application for Vice President, Discovery Biology and Pre-Clinical Development.
Working for Zenith Epigenetics Ltd.
At Zenith, you will be recognized and rewarded for your contributions through our comprehensive compensation and benefits plan.
We are committed to the people who bring the intellectual capital necessary to make Zenith a successful corporation. Employees have the greatest impact on the success and value of Zenith. It is for this reason that we have fostered an environment that encourages risk taking, provides recognition, rewards and empowerment.